For example: If an item is an “ILL” the ability to suspend the hold should not be an option.
Work to be done
- Add new field suspend_hold_allowed to the itemtypes table, default of 1
- Reveal this field though the itemtypes editor
- Create a subroutine that will look up the field value for a given itemtype
- Create a subroutine that accepts a reserve and calls the previous sub to find the value for this reserve ( based on itype/itemtype )
- Add a test before suspending for each hold suspension request
- Add a new TT plugin that uses this subroutine to disable suspend buttons in the opac
- Add ability to suspend individual holds in the staff intranet
- Add ability to disable suspending of individual holds in the staff intranet
The last two steps give librarians not only more flexibility for suspending holds, but give a visual indicator that a hold is not suspend-able.