A patron is allowed to place 5 holds (or other variable number set by the library) per day but can not exceed 30 holds (set by circ rules).
Work to be done
- Add new database column reservesallowed_daily to the table issuingrules
- Add new database column “created_on” to the table reserves
- Modify C4::Reserves::AddReserve to populate “created_on” with the current timestamp
- Add new column “Holds allowed (daily)” to the circulation and fine rules.
- Modify “Holds allowed (count)” to “Holds allowed (total)” for clarity
- Modify CanItemBeReserved to check if max daily holds has been exceeded If so, it must return new error code ‘TooManyReservesToday’
- Modify all code calling CanItemBeReserved to handle this new error code
- Add unit tests for new CanItemBeReserved behavior